- Changes to our website.
- Faulty Solar Panels Are Burning Buildings
- Solar Farm Fire Burns 1,127 Acres
- Renewable Energy Storage Systems Literally Setting The World On Fire
- After 30 years of failed Climate Politics, let’s try Science!
- Wind and Solar Potentially Aren't Climate Cure-Alls
- Food vs Fuel
- Moreau, NY, Planning Board wants farmland protected from solar panels
- North Carolina Lawmakers Warn of Solar Farm Cleanup Costs
- The Real Reason You Don't Hear Neighbors Complain About Solar Farms
The faulty parts in question were connectors and optimizers.
These parts are supposed to regulate the flow of energy and heat to a solar panel, ensuring that as much power goes through the part as possible without overheating. Overheating can lead to a fire.
"A portion of modules and optimizers from various manufacturers were made with connectors from Amphenol, a part that was commonly used across the industry at the time."
These parts were "quarantined" as part of Project Titan and were either reworked and put back on roofs or scrapped.
One document viewed by Business Insider put the number of parts that needed to be quarantined sitting in warehouses and distribution centers at over 120,000 as of last September. A Tesla representative said this number was not accurate.
Delta Electronics has recalled solar inverters due to fire and impact hazards.
The recall date is: February 7, 2019
Delta Electronics has received reports of the capacitors failing and allowing heat buildup, including reports of the cover forcibly ejecting off the inverter units.
Products Were Sold t
Product was MADE IN CHINA